A professional musician, clinician, instructor specializing in drum set, Latin percussion, and Afro-Cuban drums.
- Private Percussion Lessons
- Private drum and percussion studio, various locations.
- Rhythm Unity Ensemble - International Music Foundation
- Performance Demonstrations of various percussion instruments and music from around the world for Chicago-area schools.
- Pulsebeat Music
- After-school percussion ensemble at Alcott Elementary; performance demonstrations at various public schools.
- After School Matters - Steinmetz
- Assistant director of “THE BEAT” the past three summer sessions.
- TRINITY CHRISTIAN COLLEGE IN PALOS HEIGHTS, IL - ADJUNCT FACULTY
- Teach private percussion lessons to music majors and non-majors; instruction of percussion ensemble and percussion pedagogy. Lectures on World Music and history of percussion instruments.
- ST. XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSIC DEPARTMENT —FALL SEMESTER, 2008.
- Provided percussion instruction to all students enrolled in Percussion Studio; Percussion Pedagogy; Percussion Ensemble.
- Extensive experience in Chicago’s Blues scene. Performed with artists such as Linsey Alexander and the LABB; Liz Mandeville and the Blue Points; Chico Banks; Rodney Brown and Hotrod; Ric Hall (guitarist for Buddy Guy), Nellie Tiger Travis, Big Time Sarah, and Little Chikin. Performed at many famous Blues venues including Kingston Mines, Blues, Etc, Blue Chicago, Checkerboard Lounge, as well as the Chicago Blues Festival.
- Sandra Antongiorgi
- Neil and Janet de los EEUU
- Congress of Starlings
- Grupo Cha Cha
- Jenny Dragon
- RSVP Orchestra
Wichita State University, Wichita, KS - Bachelors in Music Performance, 1995
Wichita State University, Wichita, KS - Masters in Music Performance, Percussion, 2000
Ms Cramer is versatile musician and scholar knowledgeable in a variety of styles, genres, and history. It all began when she decided she wanted to learn the conga drum, and from there she was introduced to Latin Jazz, Salsa, which led her to study Cuban Rumbas such as Guaguanco, Yambu, Columbia. Digging even further, she then pursued her lifelong study of Afro-Cuban Bata drumming and liturgy. Upon arriving in Chicago, Ms Cramer learned a proper Blues shuffle in the Chicago Blues scene; a funky beat; a taste for Chicago House Music, not to mention the historical significance to all of these genres.
As an instructor, Ms Cramer shares the importance of where, how, when, and why a particular music began. A student learning a paradiddle, also learns the origin of said sticking technique, for example. A student interested in playing tumbao on a conga drum also gets a lecture on the importance this rhythm has had in the history of Salsa music.
As a performer, Ms Cramer is comfortable behind a drum kit; up front playing congas and or auxiliary percussion; steel drum; mallets; with an assortment of ensembles, performing a variety of genres. She is exceptional as a sensitive drummer behind vocalists, aware of the ebb and flow of dynamics needed. A drummer musician or a musician drummer? Either way, sums up Ms Cramer’s approach as a performer.
As a scholar, Ms Cramer has extensive research on Cuban music and continues her interest in music, dance, philosophy, social context throughout the African Diaspora, much of which is the base to all music in the Western Hemisphere.
Jean LeRoy firstname.lastname@example.org 708-228-4308
Kalyan Pathak email@example.com 630-667-6479
Roy Vombrack firstname.lastname@example.org 847-404-0584
Mark Peters email@example.com